Warrnambool’s economic success is strengthened by local research, innovation, collaboration and continuous learning.
Warrnambool fosters a creative and collaborative culture
- An active and sustainable peak body that provides a united voice for Warrnambool business and industry.
- Maintain and grow collaborative arrangements between cross border, and regional councils and interest groups.
The changes we want by 2026
- Increasing enrolments in higher education institutions that address regional workforce shortages.
- Nationally significant Indigenous tourism projects at Tower Hill, Moyjil and Budj Bim are funded and underway.
- Great South Coast Food and Fibre Action Plan has been implemented and reviewed.
- Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism Strategic and Warrnambool Destination Action Plans have been implemented.
- Warrnambool’s Economic Development Strategy 2015-2020 has been implemented, reviewed and updated.
- Funding and investment in research at local educational institutions has increased.
- Industry partnerships and collaboration have increased.
Short Term Initiatives
- Council and Partners will implement and support:
Economic Development Strategy 2015-2020.
Warrnambool Destination Action Plan
Great South Coast Food and Fibre Action Plan
Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism Strategic Plan.
- Work with education providers, industry and government to train and attract workers to deliver the existing and future skills needed to grow our City’s economy
- implement the Warrnambool China Strategy to advance Warrnambool as a China ready city
- Deliver a business case for a business incubator/accelerator to support growth for existing companies/start-ups in Warrnambool
- continue to support and strengthen the Changchun, China and Miura, Japan ‘Sister-City’ Relationships
- Partners will actively support grassroots, start-up and scale-up businesses that show innovation and entrepreneurial behaviours.
- Partners will actively seek to employ people of different cultures, ages and abilities.
- Partners will work together to identify and develop business cases to attract new industries to the City.